For the seventeenth year in succession the National Trust has joined forces with Apollo magazine to produce the National Trust Historic Houses and Collections Annual.
This issue features:
- Jamie Mulherron on the Elements and Humours tapestries at Hardwick Hall
- Tessa Wild on the interior decoration at William Morris’s Red House
- Christopher Rowell on the maker of the state bed at Osterley Park
- David Adshead on the Egyptian obelisk at Kingston Lacy
- Mark Purcell on library discoveries at Lacock Abbey
- Michael Trapp on the origins of a ‘Roman bath’ in London
- Richard Hewlings on the Long Gallery at Chirk Castle
- Karen Fielder on Lord Burlington and Coleshill House.
There is also a section on recent acquisitions, some of which the readers of this blog will recognise.